You dont have javascript enabled! Please enable it!

Bryn Offa

Built in the 1860s, Bryn Offa was the home of John Bernard Murless mayor of Wrexham. After various sales, in 1956 the house was bought by the Royal Air Force Association as their Wrexham clubhouse (No. 436).

 

Bryn Offa housing estate was first developed along the south side of Ruthin Road between Bryn Offa and Bryn Offa School, by Wrexham Borough Council in the 1950s on land that had previously been occupied by Bryn Offa Terrace, a row of houses that were demolished as part of the Borough Clearance programme. It was extended to link up with Bersham Road in 1957 and this new road was given the name Centenary Road (to commemorate the anniversary of the incorporation of the Borough of Wrexham).

 

Construction began on Bryn Offa High School in 1959 and it was originally suggested that it be called the Emyr Cyfeiliog School in honour of Alderman Dr Emyr Williams. II opened in 1960 with an initial of 510 pupils drawn from Victoria Boys Secondary Modem School, St. David’s Secondary Modem School and Penygelli School, Coedpoeth.

Available Galleries

Search

Wrexham Town

Send this to a friend