You dont have javascript enabled! Please enable it!

Bradley Road

Bradley Road, named after George Bradley, then Mayor of Wrexham, the road was laid out by Wrexham Corporation in 1881 between Mold Road and Ruabon Road, allowing the further development of the town in the area often referred to in the 19th century as ‘Newtown’ .

 

No sooner had the road been laid out than alterations were required following the approval of plans to extend the Wrexham, Mold and Connah’s Quay Railway from the Exchange Station through to a new town centre terminus at Central Station in 1887. This meant that a large railway bridge had to be built to carry Bradley Road over the new line. In 1891, the road was extended further south, across Cae Dicas to reach as far a Ruthin Road.

 

On a private plan of 1894 the main residence appears to have been the Red House which stood opposite the junction with Belle Vue Road. The terraced house between the junctions of Bright Street and Villiers Street had been built by 1895 but other properties appear to be of a later date. The building on the eastern junction with Watery Road was the North Wale Miners Association until the closure of Bersham Colliery in the 1980’s.  

Available Galleries

Search

Wrexham Town

Send this to a friend